Read the text and answer question no 1 to 4
A tale from India
When Tiger jumped on Fox,Fox cried out,” how dare you attack the king of Jungle “Tiger looked at him in amazement, “nonsense! You are not king! Certainly I am,” replied Fox,” all th animal run from me in terror! If you want proof,come with me.” Fox went into the forest with the tiger at his heels. When they came to a herd of deer saw tiger behind fox and ran in all directions.
They came to a group of monkeys. The monkeys saw tiger behid fox and they fled. Fox turned to Tiger and said, “do you need more proof than that ? See how the animals flee at the very sight of me ?! “ I ‘m surprised,but I’ve seen it with my own eyes. Forgive me for attacking you,Great King.” Tiger bowed low and with great ceremony he let fox go
1. What does the text actually tell us about ?
a. What the king is.
b. Why the fox still exists.
c. Who the kong of the forest is.
d. Where the tiger and the fox are.
2. When Tiger jumped on Fox,Fox cried out,” how dare you attack the king of Jungle” What did tiger answer ?
a. Ok , you are the king.
b. Nonsense ! you are not king.
c. Sorry! You a good fox.
d. All right! You are patient.
3. “ The monkeys saw Tiger behind Fox and they fled.”
The underlined word refer to ….
a. The tiger.
b. The foxes.
c. The monkeys.
d. The Fox and the tiger.
4. The moral value that we can learn from the story is …
a. An intelligen person can defent a strongman.
b. Misfortune tests the sincerity of our friends.
c. False confidence often leads to disaster.
d. The truth must appear in the world.
Read the text and answer questions 5 to 7
Once,there lived a happy family in the kingdom of Priangan Land.they were a father in from dog. His name is Tumang, a mother whose nam was Dayang Sumbi, and a child whose name was Sangkuriang.
One day Dayang Sumbi asked her son to go hunting with his lovely dog, tumang.after hunting all day,Sangkuriang began desperate and worried because he hunted no deer. Then he thought to shot his own dog. Then he took the dog liver and carried home. Soon Dayang Sumbi found out that it was not deer liver but Tumang’s, her own dog. So,she was very angry and hit Sangkuriang’s head. In that incident, sangkuriang got wounded and scar. Then ran away from their home.
Years went by, Sangkuriang had traveled to many places and finally arrived at a village. He met a beautiful women and felt in love with her. When they were a iscussing their wedding plans,the women looked at the wound in Sangkuriang’s head. It matched to her son’s wound that had left several years earlier. Soon she realized that she felt in love with her own son. She couldn’t marry him but how to say it. Then,she found the way. She needed a lake and boat for celebrating their wedding day. Sangkuriang had to make them in one night. He built a lake. With a dawn just moment away and the boat was almost complete. Dayang Sumbi had to stop it. Then,she lit up the eastern horizon with flashes of light. It made the cook crowed for a new day.
Sangkuriang failed to marry her. He was very angry and kicked the boat. It felt over and became the mountain of Tangkuban Perahu Bandung
5. What can we learn from the story ?
a. Everyone must respect their mother.
b. Mother’s love never ends till die.
c. Never make the same mistakes
d. Everybody should tolerate one another.
6. Why did Sayang Sumbi refuse to marry Sangkuriang ?
a. Sangkuriang had shot the dog.
b. Sangkuriang had done the wrong thing in hunting.
c. She knew that Sangkuriang was a naughty man.
d. She realized that she felt in love with her son.
7. What is the text about ?
a. Dayang Sumbi and Tumang.
b. The kingdom of Priangan.
d. Land Priangan.
Read the text and answer questions 8 to 9
ANNOUNCEMENT To : All Department Managers The meeting will be held to discuss the customer’s complaints. This afternoon Jan , 4th 2010 at 01 p.m. in the meeting room. Please bring the documents needed. Thank You Secretary Director
8. Who will attend the meeting?
b. All managers.
c. Secretary director and all managers.
d.Director, secretary and all managers
9. What will be discussed in the meeting?
a. The customer’s complaints.
b. The customer’s needed.
c. The customer’s documents.
d. The customer’s orders.
Read the text and answer questions 10 to 13
|A cactus (plural: cacti) is any member of the plant family Cactaceae, native to the Americas. They are often used as ornamental plants, but some are also crop plants. Cacti are grown for protection of property from wild animals, as well as many other uses. Cacti are part of the plant order Caryophyllales, which also include members like beets, gypsophila, spinach, amaranth, tumbleweeds, carnations, rhubarb, buckwheat, plumbago, bougainvillea, chickweed and knotgrass. Cacti are unusual and distinctive plants, which are adapted to extremely arid and hot environments, showing a wide range of anatomical and physiological features which conserve water. Their stems have adapted to become photosynthetic and succulent, while the leaves have become the spines for which cacti are well known. Cacti come in a wide range of shapes and sizes. The tallest is Pachycereus pringlei, with a maximum recorded height of 19.2 m, and the smallest is Blossfeldia liliputiana, only about 1 cm in diameter at maturity. Cactus flowers are large, and like the spines and branches arise from areoles. Many cactus species are night blooming, as they are pollinated by nocturnal insects or small animals, principally moths and bats. Cacti range in size from small and globular to tall and columnar.
10. What does the first paragraph tell us about?
a. The use of cacti
b. The habitat of cacti.
c. The members of cacti
d. Types of cacti.
11. Why do cacti mostly bloom at night?
a. Because their flowers are large.
b. Since cacti are pollinated by nocturnal insects
c. Since cacti are unusual and distinctive plants
d. As the afternoon period is used for photosynthetic process.
12. Where can we find cacti mostly?
a. In the jungle.
b. In the arid and hot region
c. On the mountain.
d. On the beach.
13. The text is written to ….
a. give information about American cacti
b. explain physical feature of cacti
c. describe cacti in general
d. tell cacti ‘s life
Read the text and answer questions 14 to 18
Public Management Program (PMP)
The PMP offers a comprehensive approach to public management education through academic,co_curricular,and extra-curricular opportunities. This program prepared students to assume community leadership roles throughout their careers and to improve the effectiveness of public organizations. (Email PMP leadership)*PMP website
14. what is the main purpose of the text above ?
a. To entertainment the reader.
b. To provide information about PMP.
c. To tell leadership and their careers.
d. To describe the effectiveness of public organization.
15. To whom is the text above sirected ?
a. All students in the same school.
b. Special students for PMP.
c. Students in the leadership.
d. All students in generalization.
16. “ This program prepared students to assume …
The underlined word means….
17. This program prepared students to assume … throughout their careers. a. Comprehensive approach.
b. Public organization.
c. Management education.
d. Community leadership roles.
Read the text and answer questions 18 to 19
- 4 red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add potatoes and cook until tender but still firm, about 15 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and cut them into 1/2 inch cubes when they are already cool.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium high heat. Add onion and green pepper. Cook about 5 minutes stirring often, until soft. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Pour remaining 2 tablespoons of oil into the skillet and turn heat to medium-high.
- Add potato cubes, salt, paprika and black pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are browned about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the onions, green peppers and parsley and cook for another minute. Serve hot.
|PREP TIME: 20 Min
COOK TIME: 25 Min
18. The text shows that … .
a. It takes 25 minutes to cook the food well.
b. You need 3 kinds of equipment to cook the meal.
c. You are supposed to serve the meal when it is hot.
d. The potatoes must be cut before they are getting cool.
19. It takes you … minutes to try the recipe until it is ready to be served?
Read the text and answer questions 20 to 25
FRIDAY January 25TH, 2010
There will be a girls’ basketball short meeting right after school this afternoon in the school library. The meeting is expected to last around 45 minutes and finish by 5. Every member needs to be present in this important meeting.
Should anyone unable to attend the meeting, find Mr. Elder for permission and further details about the agenda.
Looking forward to seeing you all in the meeting.
20. When will the meeting start?
a. Around 4.05 p.m.
b. At about 4.15 p.m
c. At 4.50 p.m
d. At 5.00 p.m
21. What should a student do if she is not able to attend the meeting?
a. Go home.
b. Go to the library.
c. Let the class teacher know about her absence.
d. Ask for permission from Mr. Elder
Read the text and answer questions 22 to 24
23. a. switch
25. Arrange the following jumbled words to make a good sentence.
her class – in – diligent – Jessica – very – is – student – a
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
a. 4 – 6 – 8 – 5 – 3 – 7 – 2 – 1
b. 4 – 2 – 1 – 6 – 8 – 5 – 3 – 7
c. 2 – 1 – 4 – 6 – 8 – 5 – 7 – 3
d. 2 – 1 – 8 – 5 – 3 – 7 – 6 – 4
26. Arrange the following sentences to make a good paragraph .
- Jack had an accident a few days ago.
- Jill went to the hospital too visit him.
- He is still in the hospital now.
- She is at the hospital now.
- He had to go to hospital.
- a. 1-4-3-5-2
- b. 1-3-5-4-2
- c. 1-5-3-2-4
- d. 1-2-3-4-5
&&&& GOOD LUCK &&&&