Read the text to answer number 1and 2
POWER SUPPLY BEFORE
AT LEAST MONTHLY
1. From the caution above we can conclude that … .
A. cleaning condenser before disconnected from power supply
B. cleaning condenser after disconnected from power supply
C. cleaning condenser at least once a month
D. cleaning condenser at least weekly
2. What is the purpose of the caution above?
PLEASE DON’T FEED THE ANIMALS
A. To prohibit the visitors to give food to the animals.
B. To remind the visitors to be careful with the animals.
C. To tell the visitors to get away from the animals.
D. To permit the visitors to feed the animals.
Andi ….I heard a bad news from Andrew that your father was hospitalized. He passed away last night. I am sorry to hear that.
Read the text to answer number 3 and 4
3. Who has just passed away?
A. Andy’s and Andrew’s father
B. Andi’s father
C. Andrew’s friend
D. Writer’s father
4. How does Tony feel as soon as he has got the news?
Congratulations on your winning the singing contest.
We are very proud of you.
Uncle and Aunt Setyo
Read the text to answer number 5,6
5. What is the purpose of the text ?
A. To invite someone
B. To get information
C. To make proud
D. To congratulate someone
6. From the text we can conclude that Rina is Mr. Setyo and Mrs. Setyo’s…
Read the text to answer number 7, 8
Hi, friend. Here I invite you to my sister’s wedding party on:
Sunday, 15 December 2010
at 7 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Place : my house
Jl. Andalas no. 32 Banjarmasin
Please come! Without you the party will be different.
7. The party will be held in … house.
D. my sister’s
8. How long does the party hold?
A. 2 hours
B. 3 hours
C. 4 hours
D. 5 hours
Read the text to answer number 9,10
In order to prepare the committee of story telling and speech contest, all OSIS board members need to have a meeting on November 24, 2010 after school at the library. It is very important not to miss the meeting.
Please come on time!
The OSIS Leader
9. The purpose of writing the announcement is to . . . .
A. invite all OSIS board members to have a meeting
B. prepare the story telling and speech contest
C. ask all OSIS board members to come on time on every meeting
D. describe the committee of competition
10. The OSIS board members will … on the meeting.
A. compete for all OSIS board members
B. form a committee of the contest
C. study together at the Library
D. practice story telling
11. It is very important not to miss the meeting. The underlined phrase means to . . . .
Read the text to answer number 12,13,14
Choose a beautiful gift from the stunning designer diamond
Jewellery Collections by Vivienne Westood, Jasper Conran, Bruce Oldfield and Versace
At Cool Diamonds Europe’s largest on-line jewelers. With over 5 million hits each month
this website has revolutionized the way we buy diamonds.
The bespoke service also offer a 30–day money-back guarantee.
View in 3D online, or by appointment at 16 Greville Street, EGIN8SQ
020 7045 5322 www,cooldiamonds,com
12. These statement are in the texs, exceptly. …
A. Vivienne Westwood is a diamond jewellery designer
B. The cool Diamonds website has revolutionized the way to buy diamonds
C. Jasper Conran is a stunning diamond jewellery designer
D. We can’t buy the diamonds jewellery on-line
13. “ Choose a beautiful gift from the stunning designer diamond jewellery “
What is the meaning of the underlined word ?
A. Very surprising
B. Very challenging
C. Very annoying
D. Very impressing
14. What is the advertisement about ?
A. To describe the collection diamond
B. To tell the people how to get the diamond
C. To show the diamond to the people
D. To get the diamond from the designer
Read the text to answer number 15,16,17
15. When would it be better to consume the milk calcium?
A. Before April 27th, 2010
B. After April 27th, 2010
C. During April 4th, 2010
D. On April 4th, 2010
16. “Daily value has not been established.”
What is the meaning of the underlined word above?
17. The Label is telling us about … of dietary supplement.
A. The information
B. The usage
C. The materials
D. The benefits
Read the text to answer number 18,19,20
To : firstname.lastname@example.org
From : email@example.com
Date : 24th November 2010
What kind of you to send me a box of chocolate. I have recieve it. My husband, Naila and I like it so much.
Thank you again for the gift.
18. What does the text tell us about?
A. Retell the writer experience
B. Describe about chocolate
C. Inform about chocolate
D. Express thank
19. What did Mala give to Nisa?
A. a box of chocolate
B. a bar of chocolate
C. a box of candy
D. an empty box
20. “what kind of you to send me a box of chocolate”
What does the underlined word refer to?
A. Nisa’s husband
Read the text and answer questions 21-24
Safari Park or Taman Safari is quite a unique zoo. It lies about 90 kilometers from Jakarta. It lies in Cisarua, Bogor, about two kilometers from Puncak.
This zoo reminds us of similar parks in Kenya, Africa. Although it is not as the one in Kenya, we can still enjoy the park which is about one hundred hectars. In conventional zoos, the animals are in cages, but in the Safari park visitors are in ‘cages’, they are not allowed to get off the cars or buses. The animals wander freely. Visitors who don’t have cars can use the touring buses available at the park.
Although the animals wander freely, there are grouped into certain blocks. The first is of wild animals, like tigers, and lions. The second block is for big animals like elephants, rhinoceros, nile horses, zebras, and giraffes. The next block is of primates, like orang utans, and gorillas.
Then we can see many kinds of sheep and deer. In the last block we can see bears, ostrichs and lhamas. Each animal roams freely in their blocks. The other blocks are like in conventional zoos; the animals are in cages. The animals that are in cages are like white tigers – a rare species from India – several kinds of monkeys, birds, and crocodiles. There are also some tame animals like monkey, bears, and baby tigers. Visitors can take pictures together with them.
This park is provided with a play ground. In this area visitors can enjoy a circus show, and souvenirs shops. They can also enjoy a small but beautiful waterfall.
Safari park is not only a recreational park but also a research park. The park has succeeded in developing some species especially the rare ones, like white tigers, giraffes and nile horses. Safari park is indeed a national asset.
21. What is the main idea of the third paragraph?
A. The function of the park
B. The parks in Kenya
C. The facilities in the park
D. The grouping of the animals
22. In Taman Safari recreational area, visitors can ….
A. enjoy circus show
B. develop rare species
C. play with lions
D. see some flower gardens
23. “Safari Park or Taman Safari is a quite unique zoo”.
What does the underlined word mean?
24. In the zoo, the visitors are forbidden to ….
A. view the animal
B. feed the animal
C. go by buses or cars
D. go outside of their transportation
Read the text to answer number 25-28
Amelia’s house is a quiet place. It was a hilly village. The garden of her house was very beautiful. Flower with various colors grew there. One day Amelia closed her book. She felt tired after studying hard. She stood by the window. She could see the mountain from there. It was beautiful.
“How beautiful. How wonderful if I could reach the top of the mountain without climbing.”
“If you want to fly up there, follow me,” said a soft voice. Amelia was surprised.
“Who are you? Why did you come in without permission?”
“My name is Yuli. My home is a bit far from here. I want to be your friend, Amelia,” said the girl.
“You know my name,” said Amelia.
“I often hear your mother calling you,” Yuli answered. She reached out her hand to Amelia. Amelia shook Yuli’s hand.
“Why is your hand so cold? Are you ill? asked Amelia, worried. but if he throws two jump to square two.
“I haven’t been in school for few days,” said Yuli.
“If you were sick, why aren’t you in bed now? asked Amelia.
“The fresh air will make me better, Amelia,” said Yuli pulled Amelia’s hand. She wanted Amelia to follow her.
“Oh, no. I cannot go now. I must do my homework,” said Amelia.
“Okay. How about tomorrow?” asked Yuli
“Okay. Tomorrow, my mother will make some delicious cake for me, You must tasted some,” said Amelia.
“Thanks, Amelia. You are so kind,” Yuli waved to Amelia and then she was gone.
Amelia’s mother was puzzled to see her daughter talking alone.
25. How was Amelia after studying hard?
26. How many people are there in the text? There are … people in the text.
27. What is the purpose of the text? The purpose of the text is to ….
A. describe Amelia
B. tell experience
C. describe the mountain
D. entertain the reader
28. What is the moral value of the text? We should be …to someone
Read the text and answer questions 29 – 32
It was Sunday morning December 26 th 2004. The day that I would never forget forever. We went to the beach in Meulaboh, Aceh. Many people were there when I arrived.
When we were enjoying the beautiful sunrise, suddenly we were shocked by a violent shake in the ground. Everybody in the beach was panic. We soon realized that it very big earthquake although it struck in a very short period of time.
After that, we saw that water going on into the middle of the sea. No wonder if there were many kinds of fish left behind on the sand. We all seemed to be astonished by the view until realized that there was a huge wave coming towards us and destroying everything in its way.
I didn’t realize that had happened until I found myself hanging on a branch of a tree.
29. Everybody in the beach was panic because ….
A. the sun rise brightly
B. there was an earthquake
C. the beach was very enjoyable
D. there was an amazing view in the sea
30. What is the writer’s impression about the disaster ?
A. He felt stress
B. He was enjoying his trip
C. He got unforgettable experience
D. He got many fish on the sand
31. “We all seemed to be astonished by ….”
The underlined words has the same meaning with ….
32. What is the purpose of the text ?
A. To give a report
B. To explain about the earth quake
C. To entertain the readers
D. To tell past events
Read the text to answer number 33-36
How to play Snake and Ladder game
To play the game we need : a board, some counters and a dice
How to play it :
- First of all, give every player a counter.
- Next, make a toast to decided which player will start the turn.
- Then the one who wins the toast throw the dice. If he throws four, he will jump to square for but if he throws two jump to square two. When there is a ladder in the square he can go up the ladder but when there a snake he must go down.
- Have the second player to throw the dice make step based on the throw.
- Make steps until the finish. The one who gets the finish square first is the winner.
33. What is the purpose of the text ?
A. Describing a kind of game.
B. Telling the way to play a game.
C. Informing a children game.
D. Giving entertainment to reader.
34. What do you do after making a toast?
A. Opening the board.
B. Moving the Ladder.
C. Killing the snake.
D. Throwing the dice.
35. What does “ dice “ in the text mean ?
A. Small cube with dots on each side.
B. Big cubes with picture on it.
C. Small box with spots.
D. Big box withcarving on it.
36. How many things do you need to play it ?
Read the text to answer number 37-40
A bank is a financial institution that that provide banking and other financial services. It is an institution that holds a banking license.
The word bank derived from Italian banca. This word derived from german and means bench. Typically, a bank generates profit from transaction fees on financial services or the interest from a loan. The type of services offered by a bank depends on the type of bank and the country. However, bank services usually include lending out money to companies and individuals, issuing checking and saving accounts, chasing check, facilitating money transactions such as wire transfer, issuing credit card, ATM, debit card and also storing valuable things in save deposit boxes.
37. What is the main idea of the second paragraph?
A. Bank services include lending out money to companies and individuals.
B. Bank generates profit from transaction fees.
C. The word bank derived from Italian banca.
D. Companies can also storing valuable things in deposit boxes.
38. Where do the people store their valuable things?
B. Credit card
C. Deposit boxes
D. Debit card
39. Bank generates profit from transaction fees n financial services or the interest from a loan.
The word “generate” in the sentences is similar in meaning to ….
40. What does the word “it” in the sentence refer to? (par.1)
41. Fill the blank with suitable word!
The students were … football in the school yard, when their teacher came late.
Fill the blank with suitable word!
How are you? Well, I hope. I’m okay, studying hard as usual.
I miss you all, so I have a plan to visit you in the village … (42). I will take the morning train … (43) I’ll get all the stuffs from mom for grandmother with me. Would you pick me up when I come? I’d be very grateful for that. I can’t hardly wait, I’ll see you next week.
A. next day
B. next week
C. next month
D. next year
44. Fill the blank with suitable word!
There are two pencil case … the table.
Read the text to answer number 45,46
Fill the blank with the suitable word
The mouse and the lion
Once upon a time, there was a mouse in the jungle. The mouse was … (45) fast. Unfortunately it fell right on the nose of lion.
“I beg your sorry. I will help you someday,” said the mouse. The lion said, “ I don’t think so, I will not need help from a weak animal like you.”
One day the lion …(46) trapped in the net of hunters. It was roaming angrily. The mouse heard it. It came to the lion and helped the lion to get free from the net. Started that day, lion and mouse are friends.
47. Which one is the meaningful arrangement of the following jumbled words?
for – bought – my – a – father – new – birthday – me – laptop
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A. 5 – 2 – 8 – 4 – 6 – 9 – 1 – 3 – 7
B. 3 – 7 – 5 – 2 – 8 – 9 – 1 – 4 – 6
C. 5 – 2 – 9 – 4 – 6 – 3 – 1 – 3 – 7
D. 3 – 7 – 5 – 4 – 8 – 9 – 6 – 1 – 2
48. Which one is the best arrangement of the following jumble word?
Borobudur – temple – last holiday – went – and – I – classmates – my – to
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
A. 3 – 8 – 6 – 7 – 5 – 4 – 9 – 2 – 1
B. 3 – 8 – 7 – 5 – 4 – 9 – 6 – 1 – 2
C. 3 – 8 – 6 – 7 – 5 – 4 – 9 – 2 – 1
D. 3 – 8 – 7 – 5 – 6 – 4 – 9 – 1 – 2
49. Which one is the best arrangement of the sentences below?
1. They like to eat leaves very much.
2. They live and sleep on trees.
3. They are from Australia.
4. Koala bears are mammals.
5. They can climb very well.
A. 4 – 1 – 2 – 5 – 3
B. 4 – 3 – 2 – 1 – 5
C. 4 – 5 – 1 – 2 – 3
D. 4 – 2 – 5 – 3 – 1
50. Which one is the best arrangement of the paragraph below?
1. He wanted to be an actor since he we five years old. Now he has become a famous actor. He said, “I want to continue to act. But also want to be the director or the writer.
2. As an English boy, Daniel loves football. He is a fan of Fulham football club. He also likes to watch wrestling and formula one racing.
3. Daniel Radcliffe was born on July, 1989 in London. He is the only child in the family. He has become very famous after his role as the young and cute wizard Harry Potter.
4. Music ? He is a big fan, too. But he prefers punk rock.
5. Daniel goes to an all boy school. It means there is no girl at all there. He loves to play pranks on his friends.
A. 3 – 1 – 2 – 5 – 4
B. 3 – 1 – 2 – 4 – 5
C. 3 – 1 – 5 – 2 – 4
D. 3 – 1 – 4 – 5 – 2
——GOOD LUCK ——