A narrative tells a story and mainly used to entertain the reader.
A narrative can also be used to stimulate emotion or o teach.
A narrative usually consists of three main parts :
- This part tells about the setting of the story ( the time/place of the story ) and the main characters of the story.
One upon a time, there lived a Clouds Family. Papa Cloud, Mama Cloud, and Cloud Children lived quietly in the sky.
- This part includes situations, activities, or events that lead problem / complication to the climax.
Every morning, the cloud children went to to the sky playground to play with the slide. But since there was only one slide, the had to take turns on the slide. Lody, the youngest cloud child, looked impatient. He could not wait f or his turn to come. His brother, Tody, didn’t like this attitude. Suddenly, they were quarrely. Their white bodies become gray. It meant they were very angry. When the clouds were angry, water usually came out of their bodies. It meants rain for the people on earth.
” Stop it, children! Stop fighting!” Papa cloud said.
” You can play with the slide in turns. Now, shakehands. Both of you !” ordered papa cloud.
Lody and Tody shaked hands and slowly their colours changed. Their bodies became fair white again.
- The problem or complication is solved here. It shows the end of the story, usually a happy ending.
The rain stopped and people on earth could go on their activities again.
Choose and cross the best answer.
1. Who were the characters of the story ?
a. Cloud family
b. Papa Cloud
c. Mama cloud
d. Lody and Tody
2. The children had a quarrel because …
a. The slide is broken.
b. Lody did not want to queue up.
c. The slide was not big enough.
d. They wanted to play other games.
3. What happened when the cloud children got angry ?
a. Their bodies turned into gray.
b. There was rainbow on the sky.
c. Their bodies were broken into pieces.
d. The people on earth continued working.
4. ” … Lody, the youngest cloud child, looked impatient. ( paragraph 2 )
The synonym of the underlined word is …
5. How did the story end ?
a. The cloud children understood their mistake.
b. The parents got angry and cursed the children.
c. The parents sent the cloud children to earth.
d. The cloud children were separated from their parents.